An ice rink is a frozen body of water and/or an artificial sheet of ice created using hardened chemicals where people can ice skate or play winter sports. Ice rinks are also used for exhibitions, contests and ice shows.
How many ice rinks are in South Africa?
Presently, there are nine ice rinks in South Africa including three that are of international size. The center of hockey in South Africa is the province of Transvaal. Almost 80 percent of the approximately 1,000 players in South Africa come from this area.
Why is it called an ice rink?
Rink, is a Scottish word meaning ‘course’, it was used as the name of a place where curling was played. Early in its history, ice hockey was played mostly on rinks constructed for curling. The name was retained after hockey-specific facilities were built.
How to make an ice rink?
There are 5 steps to completing this project:
- Step 1: Find Level Ground and Lay Out the Frame.
- Step 2: Frame your Backyard Ice Rink.
- Step 3: Line your Backyard Skating Rink with a Tarp.
- Step 4: Fill your Ice Rink with Water and Let it Freeze.
- Step 5: Hang Up Lights to Finish Off your Backyard Ice Rink.
How much is ice-skating at Kempton Park?
|Group Rate *: 10+ includes skate hire
|Cheap Skate Card **:
|Cheap Skate and Hire Card ***: